This current policy has been developed in line with the 1998 Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR) and subsequent legislation such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), law from 25 May 2018.
Information we collect and why
We collect basic personal information in order to do business, such as:
- Your name.
- Contact information including email address and telephone number.
- Geographic information such as postcode.
We need this information to respond to your enquiry. It also helps us provide you with a better service. For example:
- To provide and improve our products and services.
- To provide emails about our services, special offers or other information you may find interesting. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. You can choose whether to take part.
Looking after your information
We collect personal data on the basis of legitimate interest, where personal data is used in ways that you would reasonably expect to answer your queries, do business and inform you of our services. This means we always seek a happy balance between our business interests and the best interests of the individuals we are here to help.
You have the right to object to us processing your data, for example for direct marketing purposes, and we will action your request as required, for example you can unsubscribe from marketing emails.
You have the right to ask us whether we hold your personal information and to request a copy. Please write to The Data Controller, Christine’s Will Writing Limited, Bee Farm, Nuthampstead, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 8NB. We have the right to refuse to respond or charge a reasonable fee for requests which are unfounded, excessive or repetitive and will let you know where this is the case.
We aim to ensure that personal data is accurate and up-to-date. Should you spot an error please let us know and we’ll put it right.
We’re committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Who sees your personal information
Personal data is seen by Christine’s Will Writing Limited staff. It is used in the normal running of the business to complete client documents, for example. We have never sold the personal data we collect to external organisations. If the business is sold or merges at any time in future, personal data will be safeguarded, to continue to provide a service. We only share personal data with contractors or external organisations when this is necessary to complete our services to you, for example, storing important documents. When we work with external specialists and have a need to share personal data, they are partners we trust, and we refer to their Data Protection credentials, generally through contractual terms.
How long we keep your information
Christine’s Will Writing Limited does not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.
Where your information goes
In general, we collect, use and store data at Christine’s Will Writing Limited. However, due to use of the internet, personal data you provide on this website may be processed through servers based in other countries and outside the European Economic Area. To ensure the security of data we use reputable platforms and check their Data Protection credentials.
Policies on websites we link to may be different
This website, may contain links to other websites, usually in order to give you access to information. Their privacy policies are likely to be different. When you follow a link, just check that you are happy with the privacy policies of the external websites. For example, you can decide, when asked, if you accept cookies.
About cookies and how to control them
- Improve our website by using anonymous Performance cookies for analytics. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, see what devices they use to access the website and see how visitors move around the site when they are using it.
- Understand which pages are of interest using Session cookies which only last for the duration of the website visit.
- Improve the speed and security of the site.
- Collect any personally identifiable information
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass data to advertising networks or third parties
- Pay sales commissions.
This website does not use Targeting or Persistent cookies which collect information on browsing habits to guide advertising.